What is a virtual event?
If you can’t make it in person, or if the whole Bridge to Bridge event can’t be held due to COVID-19 restrictions, the event will be held virtually. This means you will still pay to enter, but you will perform your chosen event at your choice of location and at any time between March 14th and March 27th (ensuring you adhere to any COVID-19 regulations current for your location). The run or ride must be done in one go to qualify, it is not an accumulation of kilometres throughout the two weeks.
Proof of your run or ride must then be emailed to the Cohuna Bridge to Bridge event director at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.59pm Sunday April 4. Proof of your run or ride can be via a screenshot from any suitable apps or fitness tracking device that show the date and distance covered.
Virtual participants must opt in to receive a finishers medal in the mail (Australian entrants only, we cannot mail to overseas addresses). No place gettings will be awarded to virtual competitors (and in the event of the whole event being held virtually, no trophies or certificates will be awarded).
Can I get a refund of my fee?
- Entry fees are non-refundable
- If COVID-19 requires the whole event to be cancelled, all events will run as virtual events, and are non-refundable
Will I get a race bib?
- Race bibs are issued for all in-person events and can be picked up on Saturday 13th March from CohunaCo between 1pm and 4pm, and Sunday 14th March at the marshaling tent before your event
- Race bibs are non-transferable
- Replacement bibs are available on the day for a fee of $5.00
- If the whole event is held virtually, race bibs will NOT be sent out
Is there any mandatory equipment?
- All entrants in the half marathon and 12.5km trail runs MUST carry water. Officials will check you at the start line
- No other event requires mandatory equipment, however, we encourage you to carry water with you
- No dogs (with the exception of Guide Dogs)
- No bikes, scooters, skateboards, roller blades permitted in run events
- Waivers must be accepted
- Entries will not be accepted on the day
How will COVID-19 effect the event?
- COVID-19 guidelines will be in place, please respect the rules put in place for our event to run as a COVIDSafe event
- If government restrictions mean the event cannot be held in person, ALL EVENTS WILL REVERT TO VIRTUAL EVENTS. No refunds will be given
- Finer details to come
How do I register with a team?
- During the registration process, you will be asked if you want to be on a team. Write the name of your team in the text box.
- Encourage your friends, family and others in your work place, school or sports team to join your team (and let them know the name if you’ve chosen something unique).
The information booklet has all the need-to-know information for the perfect Bridge to Bridge experience. Download it here: